The Governors Grant pool is a neighborhood amenity. It is intended solely for the use and enjoyment of our property owners, and not intended for commercial use. The following rules are necessary for the protection and safety of our residents and their guests. Rules will be enforced by Palmetto Pool Management (PPM) and the Governors Grant Property Owners Association (GGPOA). These governing entities assume no responsibility for an accident or injury in connection with the use of the pool or cabana areas and are not responsible for the loss or damage to personal property. In addition to the Department of Health and Environmental Control (DHEC) rules posted, the following rules will apply:
DUE TO COVID-19 THE POOL IS LIMITED TO 47 PEOPLE
BY ENTERING THE POOL YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE TO ABIDE BY THE FORGOING AND WAIVE ANY CLAIM AGAIN THE ASSOCIATION
The pool opens May 22 and closes September 30. The pool is open 7 days a week from 8am until 8pm.
A pool attendant is on duty from open until close.
1. It is recommended that you reserve a time slot in. Please review the section below for more info.
2. Lap Swimming is permitted all day per reservation system. Please keep the lap lane free if not doing laps.
3. Residents 14 years and older are required to enter using their access card/fob and must sign in.
4. Children under 14 years old must be accompanied by an adult 18 years or older.
5. Guest are a allowed but it needs to be immediate family with a limit of 4 guests
6. ALL RESIDENTS WILL BE REQUIRED TO BRING A ID. CHILDREN OVER 14 MAY USE THEIR SCHOOL ISSUED ID.
1. NO LIFEGUARD ON DUTY~SWIM AT YOUR OWN RISK!
2. NO SMOKING allowed inside the pool or cabana areas, at any time!
3. NO GLASS allowed inside the pool or cabana areas, at any time!
4. No standing or jumping on pool furniture.
5. Individuals with open sores, wounds, bandages, or infections are not allowed in the pool.
6. Only swim diapers are allowed in the pool and kiddy pool (for ages 5 and under).
7. Proper swimwear is required at all times- no shirts, shorts, or cut-offs.
8. The following behavior is not allowed in the pool or cabana areas:
Diving, running, pushing, rough play, chicken fighting, etc.
Profanity, inappropriate public display of affection, excessive drinking/drunkenness.
9. Food and drinks (including bottled water) are not allowed in the pool.
10. Owners are responsible for picking up and properly disposing of their trash.
11. Pets, bikes, rollerblades, skates, basketballs, and water balloons are not allowed in the pool or cabana areas.
12. No throwing hard objects, at any time. This includes tennis balls.
13. The occurrence of either thunder or lighting is NOT subject to interpretation or discussion. If thunder/lightning is observed, all outdoor activities will be suspended immediately and the pool and pool deck should be cleared. Persons shall wait a minimum of 30 minutes from the last occurrence of either thunder/lightning before entering the pool area and only after the attendant has determined it is safe to enter the pool and given the all clear.
14. NO Climbing on the fence or gate.
1. Floats and small balls are permitted, but may be restricted during peak times.
2. Please be courteous when playing music by keeping the volume at a level that does not disturb others.
3. The lap lane is reserved for lap swimmers only.
1. Pool violations should be reported immediately to the attendant on duty.
2. Pool staff attendants are there to enforce pool rules approved by the Board of Directors, and deserve respect! They have the authority to ask violators of pool rules to leave.
3. The GGPOA Board of Directors will determine the severity and consequences of the violation. Violations may result in written reprimand or suspension/loss of pool privileges for the owner and/or family.
A reservation must be placed prior to the beginning of the time slot in advance to use the pool. Time is reserved in 2 hour slots. You may arrive anytime during your time slot but will be asked to leave at the end of your time slot. Only one reservation per day per lot holder is allowed.
Walk ups are allowed but reservations take priority. If the reservation system shows the pool at max capacity then you will not be allowed entry regardless of the amount of people currently at the pool.
Time slots updated starting Monday June 1st
8:00am - 10:00am
10:30am - 12:30pm
1:00pm - 3:00pm
3:30pm - 5:30pm
6:00pm - 8:00pm
You will scan your FOB when you enter. You hands will be sprayed with a alcohol based hand sanitizer. Anyone entering the pool deck must have their hands sprayed upon entry. The sanitizer solution appoved by the CDC and DHEC.
At the end of each time slot is a 30 min break that allows the pool monitor to disinfect the bathrooms and the tables.
YOU MUST PRINT OUT THE POOL COVID-19 WAIVER AND BRING IT TO THE POOL WHEN YOU COME
IT IS LINKED BELOW
PLEASE WATCH THE HOW TO REGISTER. THE LINK IS LOCATED BELOW
ON YOUR EMAIL CONFIRMATION YOU NEED TO VERIFY THAT IT STATES THE CORRECT NUMBER OF ATTENDEES.